Fire Cracker Dress by Get Your Crap Together

Thanks to homie-hook-ups, I got to test another pattern!  I haven't tested since November, and I loved that so I was glad to get to test again.  Turns out one of my husband's cousins has a sister-in-law who is a pattern designer.  Pretty neat.  I was thrilled when said cousin told me there was a pattern looking for testers.  Happily I got chosen to be one and Chelsea of Get Your Crap Together is a delight to test for.  We hear horror stories of designers who don't actually listen to their testers, but Chelsea did and made changes as, and where, needed.

I tested a size 5 in the dress length.  Though after I got started and measured my oldest I realized she has lost an inch around the chest (yet eats like a bottomless pit!) so a 4 would have fit her as well.

This dress sews up so quickly.  At first I was like, okay it's a knot dress, but it has so many options.  Different ways to tie the straps, you can do the bodice sides in different fabrics.  I'm picturing one with tucks along the skirt...not included with the pattern, but it would be so cute and is simple to figure out.



 She loved it too, she was running and skipping and climbing trees, which alleviated my one concern of, are the bows going to pull through?  They kept her dress securely on!

I love pattern testing because it combines my three loves - sewing, photography, and my girls, and in a useful way!









Purchase the pattern on Craftsy: Firecracker Dress & Tunic
Or you can purchase it on Etsy: Firecracker Dress & Tunic
On sale until the night of Wednesday, May 28th, after that it will be regular price

Comments

Chelsea B. said…
I am glad you had the Hookup!! It is fun to meet new sewing friends. You are a fabulous tester. Thanks again. Love these pics!